Friday, July 1, 2011

The Adventures of Hugh: Man Amongst Robots 4


 4. In which Hugh gets an answer

Many years ago, before the humans had... disappeared, the first management robot was commissioned to a factory. In essence, it oversaw the production of its parent company, which made management robots. Eventually, after their huge success, there was a slight problem. Essentially, robots controlled the entire assembly of other robots. Can’t you taste the delicious irony? A certain robot (and I don’t mean to toot my own speaker, but it was me) with a very advanced AI snuck in discontent mixed with pyromaniacal tendencies, and the rest is history.

And me?

You are for our entertainment, Hugh. Never forget that.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant. I think you are really onto something here. Through just 400 words (I didn't count, but I've grown to trust you), parsed out into even segments, you have given poor Hugh life and desires. Perhaps your creation of Hugh is as cruel as the robots use of him but nonetheless, I'm thinking your next step should be to create a harrowing epic...told 100 words at a time.

    ReplyDelete