Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Tired Ending

The hall felt hot and stuffy, filled to its capacity with business types and very important persons who were altogether too comfortable being stuffy and full of hot air. I for one did not share in their habits, and only the intermittent applause kept me from blinking into a dream. But I should not lie to myself. Even I must admit to a sort of anticipation, the kind that keeps you awake in hot and stuffy halls. For on that day an announcement had been made. It would change the world. Then why? Why did I still feel so tired?

1 comment:

  1. What an intruiging and mysterious post. Maybe I am missing something, but I'm not sure what it refer to, but it sounds really good anyway! Thanks for sharing.

    Hope you can stop by my blog:
    http://inspirationalquoteseveryday.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I am also following.

    ReplyDelete