Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Knight in Rusting Armor


Am I a coward or a realist? Is one a euphemism for the other? These are the questions I ask myself as I avoid my commitments. The answers are never satisfactory, even uncomfortable. They serve only to remind me of my incompetence, my fear, my...stop! Gosh, I’m just wasting time acting depressed, when really this is an easy job. It’s been done before, and it will be done again. Really, who am I to doubt my own abilities? That’s for everyone else to do. Yeah, I can...not do this! I mean, really people? I have to kill a dragon?

4 comments:

  1. this is great, and highly apropos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your title, and your ending is brilliant!
    You can make such short stories and still have them be 'stories', I'm a little jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the comments. When I say I'm a fan of short stories, I mean it. 100 words is about my limit.

    ReplyDelete